This is one of our favorite, easy sweet and healthy treats here at WizUp! This recipe makes about 20 banana bites. Keep in mind that coconut oil melts at room temperature, so this is not a traveling treat.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 5 tbsp melted organic virgin coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Cut bananas into slices. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Put in the freezer until frozen.
- Once bananas are frozen, mix the coconut oil, maple syrup, and cocoa together until thick enough to stick to the bananas.
- One by one, dip the frozen bananas into the chocolate mixture. It should harden straight away.
- Pop the coated bananas back onto the tray and into the freezer for about 15 minutes to ensure they have fully set.
- Transfer to an airtight container and keep stored in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.